Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

Merry Christmas! Hope you are doing well this year. It’s been a tough one for most people. I know this is probably not in the rules, but I wanted to write you a letter with a few requests. I know that I am 35 and have really passed the age where I’m allowed to ask for things. But, well, I’m going to anyway.

If you can find it in your heart, I’d really like someone to come and take care of my laundry. You see, it has finally beaten me. I am succumbing to its evils. We have people in from out of town and I just can’t keep up with a family of five’s laundry along with the shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning, baking and general merry making. So, a laundress (God bless the woman who decided to make a career out of this) would be a Godsend. I thank you in advance with all of my heart.

Also, not to be greedy, but some additional items that I would find useful are:

a child occupier

a noise reduction machine

a full time housekeeper

a hand washer

a nose wiper

an activity planner

Wait-maybe this isn’t a good plan. These presents may cause for my position in the household to be eliminated. Well, either that or I could finally get some rest and relaxation. Go ahead. Bring ‘em if you can. I’ll take my chances because I’m flat out pooped. And I’ve been a pretty good girl this year. Thanks so much for remembering me!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

~Laura

3 comments:

  1. Do you think he could bring the same things to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...can you copy and send one for me too???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that's awesome. I just wrote a letter to Santa, too, but I forgot to ask for something for me! Darnit! I could really use a personal chef.

    ReplyDelete