Friday, August 14, 2009

Rodeo Buckaroo

Lately, I’ve gone from Mommy to rodeo worker. My little buckaroo is 2 years old. And, man, she is a champion at this sport. Here’s how it works. The event kicks off with us attempting to get into the car. (This usually takes a few tries in itself.) Once we’re in, that's where the real cajoling takes place. I am reduced to bribes.

R, please get in your car seat.

We have to take B and A to school.

R, please we are going to be late.

R, you have a warning.

If you don’t get in the seat now, it will be a timeout.

Pause for 2-minute timeout…

OK, now that is settled, so let’s get in the seat.

No, R, you cannot sit in a booster seat.

Please get in the car seat.

That’s a one, a two…

Pause for another timeout.

This one results in me picking her up and attempting to physically place her in the car seat. And that’s where my little champion really begins to shine. She has moves that you would not believe. Now, I don’t want to get into specific numbers here, but I do outweigh her by over a hundred pounds. You would think that would put me at an advantage. Not over my little rodeo buckaroo. She puts it into full gear, bucking and kicking and wrangling in a way that you cannot even imagine. If I was not too busy sweating and wrestling myself, I would probably be extremely proud of her inevitable future in bull riding. However, that will have to wait for another day. For now, I just need to get out of my driveway…

No comments:

Post a Comment